Monday 29 September 2008

Introducing Potential Futures

Having been at the UK Youth Online conference on Saturday, I thought it was finally time for me to set up the blog I've long neglected.

I was struck at the event by how many of the practitioners there expressed a real interest in knowing more the real statistics surrounding young people's use of the internet and, consequently, if nothing else, this blog will hopefully provide some commentary on a few choice findings from emerging research.

It will also be used for my musings on my ongoing research into young people's use of the internet, my efforts to build a user-typology for young people, thoughts on technology policy-related news and other social policy issues that grab my attention.

3 comments:

Tim Davies said...

Hey John

Welcome to the blogosphere. Your research certainly generated a lot of interest on Saturday - and I'm really keen to find out what more is coming out...

Subscribed... :)

The US researcher I mentioned whose work I thought you might find interesting was Gregory Donovan:
http://www.gregorydonovan.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

cleanskies said...

Hi John, great idea to set this up -- very interested to see what facts and figures you link in.

Anonymous said...

Welcome John! It was great to meet you on Saturday - thanks for coming along.